Thursday, August 18, 2011

It has been over a week, I'm for real slackin' bad:

I can not believe how time has flown between now and my last post... whoopsies!
Well, here's a quick recap of my August activities starting from the day after my last post:

1. I took my first plane ride alone! To Tennessee!
Departure time? 1:50pm
Arrive time? 1:55pm

Yeah for sure, it was just a 5min flight!! ..........okay so I might have switched time zones so it was really an hour flight...... But it really only felt like 5min. I had a great book that I didn't read to help me pass the time, and met a really nice kid from Newberry College in South Carolina. We chatted up the entire plane ride and gossiped about our weekend travels and real lives waiting for our safe return home from our mini vacations. He plays football for his school and was starting quarterback before he tore his ACL, but now that he is all healed up he can start in his final season of football at Newberry! 
GO BRIAN, SUPER NICE BOY I MET ON THE PLANE!!!!
After the plane landed, I wandered around the airport until I saw signs pointing me to baggage claim. There, my chauffeur for the weekend (aka my brothers super gorgeous and sweet fiancee, Kirsten) was waiting for me! We stopped and got lunch/dinner (linner? lunner? dunch? dinnnch?) and headed to her apartment where she let me preview her in her gorgeous wedding dress. :):) Yay! I'm so excited for her!
But in all seriousness, my trip up to Nashville was all business. I needed to find a bridesmaid dress. AND I DID. Seriously, it was the second one I tried on. How successful was that shopping trip?

For the rest of my trip in Nashville we:
aodgjidfogjoijdagojioaijdfgojdewrioasdkjgkjdfglkjhags.
Yeah, so much stuff.

2. I drove to Cary, NC to watch my favriot childhood band, Death Cab for Cutie, play with my wonderful boyfriend.
We stayed in a hotel that was just a 5min walk from the venue- how perfect!! :) Matt snagged himself a poster and we had a few slices a pizza and a huge cup of lemonade to beat the hot hot summer heat! It was so nice, listening to old songs and some new tunes off their new album. I wish I could go back and sing a long with the crowd, and dance around with no care in the world. The night was fantastic. So fantastic, I couldn't bare to spend the next night alone with out Matt!
So impulsive little me followed Matt back to my hometown of Richmond, Virginia to spend another night in his company :)
We sipped on wine and played Chef in the kitchen before putting on a movie. I love my boyfriend.

3. Work. ;) I'm a Suite Girl!!!

4. Work..

5. OMG DID I MENTION WORK?!

Yeah, my life in a nutshell.

2 comments:

  1. Happy to have found your blog! loving it all! New follower over here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and great blog. Congrats on your first solo flight! Always a little scary. I am your newest follower :)

    mackenziefield.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete